Burning Permits and Recreational Fires

Open Burning
The Village of Hewitt does not allow open burning other than recreational fires in approved campfire pits.

The Town of Marshfield allows open burning with a permit.  To obtain a permit, contact the Hewitt Area Fire Department.  A sample of the burning permit form is available below but you MUST contact the Fire Department in person to have them issue you a permit.

Recreational Fires and Campfire Pits
The Village of Hewitt allows recreational fires in approved campfire pits.  To obtain a permit, complete the online fire pit inspection application.